Monday, January 28, 2008

Catching up on planning, first status check

It's been 3 weeks since I made my list of things I still need to do for planning for this school year. I must confess to having a bit of a motivation problem. It just seems to be much more fun to brainstorm for next year than to finish assembling the nuts and bolts for this year. I really would like to try to be finished by the end of February. By then I'll be needing to get some clothes and toys ready to consign and to plan birthday parties for the kids.

Geography
State booklets for Minnesota to Wyoming still need to be printed and assembled.
All booklets are now printed. Minnesota through Nebraska are assembled.
Still need to assemble Nevada through Wyoming.
Determine how big the lapbook bases need to be and assemble.
Still needs to be completed.

History
Currently prereading books up through topic 31 on Daniel Boone.
Completed
Preread and choose books for topics 32 to 51.
Prereading complete through topic 32.
Still need to preread topics 33 to 51.
Schedule books from topics 17-51.
Books scheduled through topic 28.
Still need to schedule topics 29 to 51.
Choose and print timeline figures and booklet figures for this week through the end of the year.
HTTA timeline figures ready to print for remainder of the year.
Need to go back and decide if there are any other topics I want to add to the timeline that will need figures.
Still need to choose booklet figures for the remainder of the year.
Plan out and print map work for remainder of the year.
Still need to complete.

Science
Read from chapter 4 to the end taking notes.
Notes complete for chapter 4.
Notes for chapters 5 to end not yet completed.
Create booklets for chapters 4 to end.
Still to be completed.
Print booklets for lessons 2 to the end.
Lesson 2 printed.
Still need to print lesson 3 to the end.

It's nice to actually see progress. I haven't really felt like I've had a lot of time to work. Actually the only reason I have notes for chapter 4 in science is that I took the book with me to work on while I waited at the dentist office.
"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Phillipians 4:13

No comments: