- In Latin Alive, she finished lesson 16 covering more third declension nouns, the imperative mood, and the vocative case and started 17 working with the dative case. She also completed another week of EG2 where she worked with first person pronouns.
- Violet doubled up math lessons this week while studying ratios and has been breezing through her lessons.
- She scored a 95 on her spelling test and practiced diagramming predicate nominatives and predicate adjectives in grammar.
- Benny continued multiplying and divided by 2 and 3 this week in Singapore math and worked on a mixture of topics in Miquon.
- He's still using a portion of Luke 2 for his copywork and doing his regular spelling assignments as well.
In history this week, we covered Bacon's Rebellion, William Penn, and the Ottoman Empire and the siege on Vienna. The girls outlined from This Country of Ours. Jessie read William Penn: Quaker Hero by Dolson while Violet read from The Story of the Thirteen Colonies.
Everyone read from SOTW 3 for the Ottoman Empire. Benny and I also read about William Penn using SOTW 3 and The Story of William Penn by Aliki. The only hands on for history was our mapwork this week.
Violet studied wedges and screws. We took paper ramps and rolled them around pencils to illustrate how they are related.
She also learned about different levers and tried lifting a tub of nails using a yardstick and fulcrum to compare the length of her level to the ease of raising her weight.
ART / MUSIC / GEOGRAPHY