Monday, September 3, 2007

Benny's World - Fishing and Tractors

"Mom, we need more rain."

"Yes, we do."

"The rain will make the grass grow, and then I'll have to help Daddy mow the grass."
----------------------------------
"Dad, it's stopped raining."

"Yes, it has."

"We'd better go get the tractor and get started mowing that grass."

"We have to wait for the grass to dry first."

At our house, you'll here several conversations somewhere along these lines in any given week. What's a boy to do when there's no grass to mow with Dad. Thankfully, he now has his very own tractor (a gift from the older boys next door who outgrew it). Here's Benny on his favorite toy staying cool down in our basement.



This morning's conversation went something like this.

"Dad, I'm getting bigger now."

"You sure are."

"My Nemo rod's getting kind of small for me. I think I need a bigger fishing rod."

So here's Benny with a bobber on the end of the line practicing his casting in the back yard with his brand new fishing rod.

No comments: