Monday, June 15, 2009

Literature for 2008-2009

Before I erase the lists of books read from the website, I wanted to move them into a post to keep for future ideas for the boys. I know I probably won't reuse the list verbatim since I try to tailor them slightly according to the abilities and interests of my kids, but I think it will help to have a general idea of what books the kids liked, what they didn't, and about when they read them. (I'm happy to say that they liked all of the books that they read this year.) Most selections were scheduled to be read 3 times a week unless otherwise noted.

Jessie's 4th grade literature:
  • The Book of Three
  • Swiss Family Robinson
  • Lad, A Dog
  • Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
  • Caddie Woodlawn
  • Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh
  • Little Lord Fauntleroy
  • The Light Princess
  • Pollyanna Grows Up
  • Tales From Shakespeare (scheduled once a week)
  • Pollyanna
Violet's 2nd grade literature:
  • A Little Princess
  • The Rocking Horse Secret (1 day)
  • The Cricket in Times Square
  • The Paint Brush Kid (1 day)
  • The Chalk Box Kid (1day)
  • The Twenty-One Balloons
  • The Bears on Hemlock Mountain (1 day)
  • All-of-a-Kind Family
  • Capyboppy
  • Five Children and It
  • The Reluctant Dragon
  • The Wheel on the School
  • Follow My Leader
  • Ginger Pye
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Pinocchio
  • Just So Stories (scheduled once a week)
  • The Blue Fairy Book (scheduled once or twice a week)

No comments: