- She completed another lesson in CE and her regular logic work.
- For Latin she finished up personal pronouns and began working on demonstrative and imperative pronouns. In EG2, she worked on the second person pronouns.
- Violet spent her week in math working on the semester review in her Singapore IP book, completing word problems covering area and perimeter, and continuing to work on her math facts with the Flashmaster and multiplication charts.
- In R&S, she learned about demonstrative and indefinite pronouns.
- Benny finished his last page in his 2A IP book this week and began his Singapore 2B math books. YEAH!! His Miquon Green book had him focusing on patterns in multiplying like 3x4=12, 3x40=120, 3x400=1200.
- In grammar, we learned about state of being verbs and worked on memorizing the chant. He also finished copying the definition of a verb and the list of state of being verbs for his manuscript copywork. In cursive, we're up to the letter I.
We also checked back up on her bean seed experiment. There were 4 control, 1 refrigerated, and 2 frozen bean sprouting.
Then we dropped it about 5 or 6 feet. The shell did crack, but most of the egg stayed inside the shell. She was thrilled to take it inside and scramble it for a second breakfast.
Benny and I read about ichthyosaurs and began learning about fish this week. There weren't any activities to go along with the reading.
GEOGRAPHY / ART
Jessie has started learning the countries of South America. Violet is on level 4 of her states game. Benny has made it to Texas in his state song and has almost mastered all of the midwestern states.
We stepped it up a notch in Benny's preschool this week. We added a couple of songs to our reading time, acted out the Jack be nimble rhyme by jumping over candlesticks, and made sure to fit in a few Kumon pages as well.