This week Jessie
Note the big smile. I chose
"Twas the Night Before Christmas"
for our lessons this week. Sometimes the
theme makes all the difference.
- worked on the 3s multiplication table
- read more of Misty of Chincoteague by Henry to me and listed to The Story of the Amulet by Nesbit.
- copied a portion of Luke 2
- covered commands and questions for grammar
- aced another spelling test
- generally kept his Santa hat on for the whole week once I had mended it
Benny and I read Pirate Diary by Platt (which I highly recommend although depending on the child you may need to preview some of the pictures) and portions of SOTW this week.
and examined a bit of moss under the microscope. We also observed a prepared slide of a mushroom.
No science for Benny.
GEOGRAPHY / ART / MUSIC
Jessie is working on landforms in North America. Violet is progressing nicely with the states and is ready to begin working on capitals. Benny is about halfway through his song and still working on the midwestern states.
Mo music this week.
Henry is thoroughly enjoying his morning reading time and seems to prefer choosing his own books. Here are a couple of his antics for the week.
He also entertained himself one day by popping the packaging that came with his Christmas stocking.