Thursday, June 12, 2008

Getting Ready for Next Year: To Do Lists, Part 1

Well, I'm definitely way behind where I had hoped to be at this point in the month. Our newest edition doesn't sleep as much as my last two babies, and his preference to sleep in Mom's arms make getting anything done difficult. In an attempt to keep up with the laundry, the cooking, and enough of the housework to keep it from looking like a pig sty around here, I'm afraid I'm way behind in my preparations and planning with only 24 days to go until I had originally wanted to start school. In an effort to organize my brain and accomplish as much as possible, I though it would help to jot down what I still need to do.

PURCHASING:
Still to purchase: Singapore Math Intensive Practice 4A and 4B, Singapore Math Challenging Word Problems 4, and Latin for Children A Mastery bundle.
These put me very close to the $150 free shipping level from Rainbow Resources. I just need to pick another item or two to add to my list and place the order.

LEGAL:
  • Copy the standardized test results to send in to the county.
  • Print and complete the Notice of Intent for the next school year
  • Create and print curriculum description to be submitted
  • Mail it all in to the county
ORGANIZING:
  • Clean out school baskets and cabinet
  • Check general supplies and make a list of what is needed
  • Put new school books in baskets
  • Make a new MOTH schedule
  • Assemble my planner

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just remember to relax. One of the things I regret the most when my little newborn was born 7 years ago was that I got right back into school mode the minute I was home from the hospital. Looking back, I realize that I should have rested more and ended up way burned out by the middle of the year. :)

I love your plans, though, and how very organized and easy you make it all look.

Congratulations on that beautiful baby!

Dee in Sunny FL!
rebel4jesus25@hotmail.com