Thursday, November 29, 2007

Caramel Chocolate Chunk Blondies Mix

1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup chocolate chunks

To make the mix, measure flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix and add to quart jar. Next add a layer of packed brown sugar, followed by layers of sugar and finally chocolate chunks.

On the card to accompany the mix are the following directions:

Ingredients:
1 jar of mix
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1/3 c. caramel ice cream topping

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9 x 13" baking pan and set aside.
2. Place the contents of the jar in a large bowl and mix well. Beat butter in another large bowl until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mix; stir until well blended.
3. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Drop spoonfuls of caramel topping over the batter and swirl it into the batter with a knife. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in a pan on a wire rack.

I thought this one sounded delicious. Since caramel ice cream topping isn't something that my sister keeps on hand, I thought I would box a jar of the mix together with a jar of caramel topping (in a Ziploc bag just on the off case that it breaks in shipping) and wrap them up for her birthday.

For my bil, I decided to modify an online recipe. The recipe is called
Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread Mix in a Bag. Since I know that my sister already has plenty of nice bread pans to bake in, I decided to drop the 1/2 cup of chopped nuts from the mix and move it down to the attached card as an optional ingredient. Then I layered the flour mixed with baking powder and salt, the sugar, and the chocolate chunks in a quart sized jar.

Now I'm off to make the cards to attach, and have one more look around the house for a box to ship everything in.

No comments: