Friday, August 3, 2007

Scheduling a new school year

"When are we going to start school again?"

Only one month after we finished school, my girls were ready to start again. Hmm. Only one problem. Mom wasn't ready to start yet. I needed a schedule. We were going to have a 4 day school week again and have a free day for errands, appointments, and maybe a few fun things. At least that was my plan. After two weeks of trying to create a 4 day schedule for school, I finally gave up and decided to give a 5 day schedule a try. In less than an hour, there it was: 3rd grade for Jessie, 1st grade for Violet, Preschool for Benny, and even a little laundry/cleaning time for me. Why had I fought so hard to make a 4 day schedule? What made me think that was the "right way" for things to be done? I don't know. Even my kids know that God's way is always the best way (thanks to Junior Aspasragus). I may have started with prayer, but thankfully I finally got around to listening for an answer. "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21

Here is the morning portion of our schedule:


1 comment:

my5wolfcubs said...

Looks great! When do you start? Or did you already? Love your Boxcar children names!!
Lee (from the WTM board)