Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Managing our house, pt. 2

A few things. Hmm...

Complaint: I should be able to walk through my house at night without stepping on something in the dark. Similarly, my husband would like to see the floor and be able to walk when he comes home in the evening.

Solution: We bought a small laundry basket for the living room. At 4:30, everyone helps to clean up the house. All the toys and children's books from the living room, dining room, and kitchen get put in the basket and taken back to the bedrooms to put away.

Complaint: Now that I can see the floor, it's not looking so good.

Solution: I vacuum on Mondays and Thursdays as a part of clean up time.

Complaint: Who left all this toothpaste in the sink? Which one of you forgot to flush the toilet?

Solution: For the sake of sanity and the smell in my house, I reinstated FlyLady's Swish and Swipe Routine every morning for both bathrooms. This worked really well the last time I tried it. Now I just have to consistently remember to use it.

It didn't work miracles overnight, but it was a start.

"I can do all things through him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

No comments: