- Jessie completed the chapter 6 workbook pages as well as the challenge and problem sets this week in NEM.
- In R&S, she worked on using reference books.
- She finished her first unit in CW Intermediate Poetry. I have to say it has started off a bit dryly. She's been looking at basic information in the poem, researching the author, placing the poem in its historical context, identifying concrete and abstract portions, and analyzing to which senses the descriptions appeal.
- She also finished another lesson in Latin Alive.
- Next week, I hope to pick back up her Omnibus lessons.
- Violet completed her IP section on quadrilaterals this week and continued plugging away at her word problems book.
- She completed her final grammar lesson in R&S 5 and her final lesson in CW Poetry for Beginners!!
- She also aced another spelling test and did her regular dication work.
- In literature, she continues to read White's The Sword in the Stone.
- For Latin, she is slowly working her way through the final review chapter and the mega crossword puzzle in the activity book which she'll finish up in another week or so.
- Benny has been working on capacity in both his Singapore and Miquon books this week.
- He finished lesson 17 in SWO C and has one lesson left for the current year.
- We're continuing to plug away with some dictation and cursive copywork.
- In literature, he is reading Owls in the Family to me. I finished reading Drumbeats in Williamsburg to him and we began Baum's The Wizard of Oz.
- In grammar, we discussed adjectives, adverbs, and articles.
Jessie plugged away at chapter 26 in BJU. We have one experiment that we didn't get to Friday afternoon to hold over until next week.
Violet enjoyed being done. Benny didn't complain that I kept forgetting to bake his sponges and spent his extra free time outside. Next week, we really are going to sit down and put his ocean box together.
Violet did some painting this week. Unfortunately Henry decided it wasn't quite finished and made it a bit more colorful before I could take a picture.