Saturday, July 11, 2009

Sharing Schedules: Singapore Primary 3A & 3B US edition

I decided that a little extra review would be good for Violet to start off the year. We actually completed the first two units of 3A at the end of last year. She did OK with the work. I think she got the general idea of what she was doing and why; but before we shift away from addition and subtraction to devote more time to multiplication and division, I decided a retracing of our steps for a few weeks to help her really master the material and be confident about it would be prudent. Here is the schedule that I put together for the textbook, workbook, and intensive practice resources. Again, the Excel version can be downloaded using the link in the right-hand column under lesson plans.
I should add that we rarely take a full 40 weeks to complete our math schedule. Although I have doubled up assignments here and there to stay in the 40 week time frame, I find that as we go through the year some assignments end up being much easier that I thought and we complete two days of work in one day. Usually, we finish math in 38 weeks despite my 40 week schedule.

2 comments:

Farrah said...

Your Singapore Math Schedule are awesome!! Thanks for sharing!!

Farrah said...

Your Singapore Math Schedule are awesome!! Thanks for sharing!!