Monday, July 20, 2009

Baby Henry's Achievements

I glanced at my list of posts this morning and realized it has been a few weeks since I've posted any pictures. I thought I'd take today to show you some of what Henry has been up to over the last few weeks.

He's finally eating three meals a day in addition to nursing. He will willingly eat toddler cookies, pretzels, breads, cereal, and crackers. I'm having a harder time trying to get him to eat small pieces of fruits and vegetables, so we're still using baby food for now. Generally, he sits quietly and eat without a mess. On this day, he kept trying to grab the spoon, and well, the mess just kept spreading.


This is Henry being silly. My DH takes the credit for teaching him to stick his tongue out like that.


He's mastered the stairs at our house. Since he can also open the door to the basement whenever he pleases, he has full run of the house.


He loves to make things happen. The lightswitch on the stairs as well as the one of the coffee table (which he can climb) are both within reach. He loves to just turn the lights on and off over and over and over again. He's also learned to turn the water on in the garden tub of our bathroom and flush the toilet. (I simply haven't caught him in the act to take a picture yet.) Since he can open the door, I've had to resort to keeping my bathroom door locked to keep out small intruders.


He's making progress towards walking. He'll stand on his own, and sometimes take a few steps at a time. He has enough balance to not only push his walker but also to turn it on his own. Here he started making laps around the kitchen and finished by chasing his sister trying to bump into her.


Here's he's not actually walking, but standing still while moving the popper back and forth to make noise.

No comments: