Monday, December 31, 2007

Revising our schedule for the new year

While the basic flow of our schedule worked fairly well this fall overall, I decided that a few things needed to be changed for the second half of the school year.
  1. Violet really needs me to sit down with her while she works on her Singapore math to help her stay on task and to encourage her through the problems. That required me to carve out another 45 minutes of 1 on 1 time with her each day (hopefully just for this semester).
  2. I decided we were going to add in science in January instead of waiting until summer after the new baby is here because I was afraid science just wouldn't get done this year if we waited.
  3. Piano lessons and practice have been fairly inconsistent this fall. For this semester at least, I scheduled time daily to work with Jessie and Violet on piano. This should make sure it gets done and help correct Jessie's bad hand position.
  4. I wanted to add in typing for Jessie so that it would get done consistently.
This presented 2 basic problems: finding time to move the laundry either into the dryer or out to the clothesline before lunch and keeping school within the before lunch time frame. To solve the laundry dilemma, I decided that Violet and I could cover her memory work while I work on the laundry. (Maybe I'll set one of the kid-sized chairs over there for her to use). After looking at the second problem, I decided that poetry, literature, and art would have to be moved into the afternoon. This will mean that I have to stick to my scheduled afternoon computer time without running over. On the plus side Benny always wants to sit on my lap and snuggle after nap anyway so at least I'll be making better use of the time than flipping tv channels.

Here's our portion of our new schedule that covers school:

No comments: