- Jessie completed algebra this week scoring a B+ on the final exam.
- She also completed her final in grammar. In vocabulary, she covered lesson 30 and will test on it next week.
- She continued to analyze a portion of "Beowulf" for CW and finished reading White Fang by London for literature. She has a few book reports to complete to finish off the latter for the year.
- I gave her the week off from Latin to focus on her other work. The plan is to alternate between some new material and some review over the course of the summer with a week or two off here and there.
- Violet continues to work steadily through the end of year review in Singapore and completed her textbook this week.
- In grammar, she is covering the final section on dictionaries and other reference books. She also completed a writing lesson focused on style and sentence variety. She completed her final lesson in SWO H and is done with spelling.
- She is still reading The Winged Watchman for literature and should finish next week.
- Benny completed his textbook and workbook section on angles this week in both the text and IP. He also finished his final Miquon book.
- Benny finished his final grammar lesson. I also told him that he was done with copywork and dictation for the year. He completed his 23rd lesson in SWO D.
- In literature, he is nearly finished with his final book The Incredible Journey, and we should also finish our Happy Hollister read aloud next week as well.
This week in history, we covered the holocaust, the partitioning of Palestine, and the Marshall Plan. All three children covered these topics using SOTW4. We also read a few picture books about those who tried to help the Jews: Yellow Star by Deedy about the efforts of King Christian of Denmark, Passage to Freedom by Mochizuki about the efforts of a Japanese diplomat to issue as many travel papers as possible despite his orders to the contrary, Who Was Anne Frank? by Abramson for the girls, and The Story of Anne Frank by Lewis for Benny. We didn't quite get to the map word, so we'll catch up next week. My plan is to finish off the year over the next couple of weeks using mainly SOTW 4 and possibly a few short picture books following the topics of TruthQuest.
Jessie completed taking notes for chapter 8 of science. We'll work on labs, extra problems, and tests at the beginning of next week.
Henry's blending is still hit and miss, but he is improving. We'll continue the lessons over the summer with one or two weeks of break. Other work such as counting, numbers, shapes, and writing will be based on his interest. He's very nearly mastered counting by 5's as well as 1's and 10's to 100.