- Jessie took her chapter 13 test in Foerster's algebra and began her final chapter this week.
- In grammar, she covered the use of a dictionary, a thesaurus, a concordance, a Bible dictionary, and a tropical Bible. She also had a writing lesson on summaries. She completed her 28th lesson in vocabulary only two more lessons to go.
- Her CW has been a review of analyzing and writing about a poem based on content, mechanics, figurative language, etc. The last lesson pulls all of these together in one place, so she requested permission to spread it out over more than one day. She wrote a book report for Wells' The Time Machine after we discussed the influence of worldview on the narrative. She continues to read Doyle's The Hound of the Baskervilles and also began White Fang by London.
- She did very well on her chapter 18 Latin quiz, completed her 4th unit reading and test, and began her 19th chapter on Thursday.
Violet's 6th Grade
- Violet continued to work on her IP section covering challenging word problems.
- In grammar, she covered prepositions, introductions, coordinating conjunctions, and subordinating conjunctions in grammar. She completed her 34th spelling lesson, only 2 more to go.
- For literature, she completed her reading of Where the Red Fern Grows and wrote a book report.
- In Latin, she started her final review lesson and will finish up next week. She began working with prepositions in Greek.
- Benny completed some review work this week and began his unit on time. In Miquon, he's been doing a combination of matching units to various items and solving some math puzzles.
- His grammar has been all about letters: letter parts, friendly letters, thank-you letter, and envelope setup. He only missed 2 on his spelling test.
- He finished reading Barrie's Peter Pan and began Twenty and Ten since we're about to cover WWII in history.
In history, we covered the Great Depression, Norman Rockwell, the Empire State building, the Hoover Dam, Amelia Earhart, the Hindenburg, and Jessie Owens. The girls outlined and Benny summarized SOTW 4 covering the Great Depression. The girls read The Hoover Dam by Mann, Amelia Earhart by Langley , Norman Rockwell by Venezia, The Hindenburg by O'Brien, and A Picture Book of Jessie Owens by Adler. They did summaries on Earhart and Owens. Benny read the last three books as well as A Picture Book of Amelia Earhart by Adler and Sky Boys by Hopkinson. Benny completed narrations of SOTW and Earhart.
Jessie covered levers, gears, and pulleys in science this week. We completed two labs on levers.
Henry and I continued on the same routine of reading aloud, phonics, and counting or shapes. He and Violet built the lego building pictures here during their play together time one day.