- Jessie finished up the textbook section of NEM 1 on real numbers over the last couple weeks and began working on the workbook exercise at the end of this past week.
- She completed the R&S chapter on adverbs and worked on prepositions, conjunctions, and some poetry this week.
- In CW, she's working through the theory section of the last unit. She did several lessons on writing a thesis statement, learned how to write an introductory paragraph, and began working on the supporting paragraphs on Friday.
- Violet has been working on averaging in Singapore 5B after completing her IP section on percentages last week. She's been slacking a bit on her math drill but has kept up with her CWP 5 problems.
- She also completed her R&S unit on adverbs and has been working with prepositional phrases this week.
- She struggled a bit with last week's spelling lesson containing words ending in -ance and -ence, but I let her move on to a new lesson this week with words spelled with y.
- Benny did an excellent job of keeping up with his school work (mainly because it had to be finished in order for him to go fishing). He's been working on money in Singapore 2B and in Miquon he finished with number lines and moved on to factor houses.
- He's finished reading Encyclopedia Brown: Boy Detective aloud, and I finished reading George Washington's Socks to him. We also finished up the last story in Egermeiers' Bible Story Book.
- He had a little bit of trouble with analogies in BTS 1 but finally figured out what they were asking and had no trouble with his Mind Benders (and even completed an extra puzzle).
Jessie completed chapter 21 on the ecosystem and chapter 22 on organism relationships. She scored a 100% on the second test. YEAH!! The lab pictured above has he comparing beans sprouted with 3 plants per container versus 30 plants per container. Needless to say it will be a couple of weeks before we finish this one.
Benny and I finished up the section on shelled animals and have been reading about squid, cuttlefish, and octopus this week. He'll make some more clay figures Monday after we finish the last bit of the chapter.
Benny opted to work on his fishing skills rather than his art skills. He also helped DH with some yard work and gardening.
Henry and I did read lots of books and sang "Mary Had a Little Lamb", but I didn't get many other activities in over the past two weeks. He watched way too many VeggieTales videos.