Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Book 12 52 in 52

I finally finished the second Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. It is another delightful read, and an excellent sequel to the original book. Harry is warned not to return to Hogwarts because he will be in danger. He hears a strange voice coming from the wall, and soon after discovers a message on the wall next to a petrified cat. As more and more students are petrified, Harry and his friends work to discover the secret of who is the heir of Slytherin and what monster could he possibly have unleashed on the school.

I have to say I liked it far better in book form than either the audio book or the movie. The hissing voice they used for the basilisk in the audio book was creepy, which was one reason I had originally told Jessie she could not read the series a couple of years back. The spider scene came across much more tamely than in the movie (which since I had just found a spider on my pillow a few days previous gave me a nightmare the first time I saw it). Again I would have no trouble recommending this book for Jessie to read, although I will still hold off until I have finished the complete series. Still so far so good, two great books down. Hopefully, I will enjoy the remaining ones just as much.

No comments: