- Jessie completed chapter 12 on radicals, did well on her test, and began learning about number lines graphs and solving in equalities in chapter 13.
- In grammar she worked with prepositions and correlative conjunctions. She had a review week in vocabulary.
- She completed several CW lessons related to limericks and finished reading Stevenson's Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for literature.
- She finished lesson 17 in Latin and began lesson 18 with a review of the naughty nine adjectives and their declension patterns. She worked with contract verbs in Greek where the ending vowel on the stem combines or contracts with the vowel of the ending.
- Violet finished her IP section on triangles and four sided figures and completed some review work in Singapore this week.
- Her grammar reviewed the appropriate uses of good, well, and negative adverbs. She also covered prepositional phrases as adverbs, rhyme in poetry, and distinguishing between adverbs and adjectives. She completed her 31st lesson in spelling.
- Her CW covered more personification and hymns, and she continues to enjoy reading Tolkien's The Hobbit for literature.
- Her Latin grammar covered correlative adverbs of place and of time and degree. She began learning about Greek adjectives in EG 1.
- Benny finished up the Miquon section on coordinate graphing and zipped through both the textbook and IP sections covering picture graphs and bar graphs.
- His grammar covered how to the determine the appropriate definition for words with multiple entries as well as synonyms and antonyms. He completed his 19th lesson in SWO D.
- Our CW model for the week was "A Laconic Answer" which we analyzed. Our literature selections were both continuations from the previous week: Follow My Leader for independent reader and a Happy Hollisters mystery for a read aloud.
I did squeeze in one science lesson this week with Benny and Violet on food chemistry, but we didn't get a chance to do the activity. Science went by the wayside for the rest of the week so I could get ready for Benny's birthday.
Art is, as always, in the previous post.