- Jessie continued working with radical expressions in Foerster's algebra.
- She finished editing her persuasive essay from grammar, completed the chapter on adverbs, did well on her test, and began a new unit on prepositions. In vocabulary, she completed her first unit of vocabulary words.
- Her CW Intermediate poetry focused on stanzas and specialized poems. She began reading Kipling's Captains Courageous and Stevenson's The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. We still need to discuss A Tale of Two Cities.
- In LA2, she completed her chapter 16 quiz and began learning more about interrogative sentences and interrogative pronouns. She also completed another week of EG3.
- Violet worked on calculating angles in figures made up of combinations of parallelograms, rhombuses, right angle triangles, isosceles triangles, and trapezoids in Singapore.
- Violet began a new section in grammar on adverbs with some review of topics from previous years and also had a quick lesson on rhythm in poetry. In spelling, she completed a review lesson.
- One of her CW poetry assignments was to write a common meter hymn. She continues to read Tolkien's The Hobbit for literature.
- In Latin, she worked a review lesson, and her weekly Greek lesson was also completed.
- Benny completed the textbook/workbook section on capacity and began the corresponding section in his IP book. In Miquon, he's continuing to plot points on a coordinate system based on a given equation.
- He completed his grammar unit on adverbs and adjectives as well as a review lesson in spelling.
Another week off of science. (I will start again next week at least with Violet and Benny.) For art, see the previous post.