- Jessie finished chapter 9 on powers and exponents in algebra and worked on finding the greatest common factor in chapter 10 this week.
- Her grammar consisted of a combination of pronoun review and working on sentence style. She began working on her final unit in CW (and finished all the lessons on time!!) She struggled a little with her vocabulary, but managed to do well on her test. She is on track in her reading for both Oliver Twist and Children of the New Forest.
- In Latin, she completed her quiz on chapter 13 and began chapter 14, but I have not yet checked the assignments. She also completed lesson 19 of EG3 and her regular logic lessons.
- Violet finished up her first textbook section and completed the corresponding IP section in her 6B books this week.
- In grammar, she completed her unit on pronouns and did well on her unit test. Regular spelling and dictation were done. She began the second portion of CW Poetry for Beginners this week. She also finished reading National Velvet and wrote a book report on Friday.
- Her Latin chapter was a review this week. She continued declining 2nd declension neuter nouns in EG1 and did some beginning translations this week.
- Benny finished up the last review pages in both his 3A textbook and workbook this week. His Miquon has been a review of subtraction.
- In grammar, he began learning about paragraphs, topic sentences, and ordering of events within a paragraph. He completed his 9th spelling lesson, worked on direct quotations for dictation, and copied a portion of Psalm 1 in cursive. In CW, we analyzed a passage on Julius Caesar.
- He continues to read Pinocchio independently and to read aloud from McGuffey's 3rd reader. We finished our read aloud, The Black Cauldron by Alexander on Friday.
Benny and Violet did two days of science this week learning about the difference between a chemical change and a physical one as well as the different types of possible physical changes.
See Thursday's post for art.