Sunday, July 15, 2012

Literature List for 6th Grade

For Violet this year, I'm trying to slowly increase the complexity and depth of her reading to move from basic narration to more discussion, but I've also included a few easier books that I believe she will enjoy as well to provide balance and keep her from hating literature.  Here's what I've come up with for 6th grade:
  • The Reluctant Dragon by Grahame
  • From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs.Basil E.Frankweiler by Konigsburg
  • Lassie Come Home by Knight
  • The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Irving
  • Rip Van Winkle by Irving
  • My Friend Flicka by O'Hara
  • A Christmas Carol by Dickens
  • Tuck Everlasting by Babbitt
  • Rascal by North
  • The Phantom Tollbooth by Juster
  • National Velvet by Bagnold
  • The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Twain
  • Big Red by Kjelgaard
  • The Hobbit by Tolkien

No comments: