Thursday, December 31, 2009

Schedule for the New Year


I made a few changes to our schedule for the remainder of the school year.
  1. History and science now have daily instead of alternating blocks. This will help me spread Jessie's history assignments out more evenly. It will also enable us to complete both God's Design Chemistry books in one semester.
  2. I moved Benny's read aloud time back to before lunch. It was just too easy for me to decide I was tired and skip his reading or cut back on the amount I read.
  3. I've also added an art time for Benny on Fridays instead of Read Alouds. He loves to make things, and Fridays when the girls are putting together their notebook pages are a natural time for that.
  4. The structure for Henry hasn't changed much, but I plan to follow the schedule more closely than I did before Christmas.
Other changes include:
  • Switching Violet from Discover 4 Yourself Bible studies to Explorer Bible Study
  • Adding Greek for Jessie (Alphabet Code Cracker)
  • Starting Latin for Children A with Violet
  • Doing an actual week's work in Homer in one week instead of two with Jessie so we can get to the poetry book (Totally my fault. I don't know what I was thinking last semester. I must have been stuck in Aesop mode.)
I'm looking forward to starting next week.

No comments: