Tuesday, August 4, 2009

No school yet...

So my plan all summer has been to start school the first Monday in August. Well, I missed my first deadline.

I have come a long way in getting my planning done for the year, but I'm not quite finished. I was so busy working on planning last week that I completely forgot to put library books on hold for reading and history.

The school cabinet...well it's still a mess. The books are down in the basement neatly sorted into their respective boxes, but the cabinet is in need of serious help. It sort of became a catch all for whatever was left on the kitchen floor this summer (mostly by Henry).

Then there's the garden. I spent the entire morning picking, sorting, washing, canning.... It's starting to wind down for the summer so hopefully by next week we'll be down to where we can just eat what we pick with no additional work required.

So the plan is to finish up the last details, make a workable schedule, and get started on this coming Monday. I am so ready to get back into a routine....

No comments: