Monday, April 14, 2008

I'm so ready to be done with school this year...

This is the first year that I believe that I am more eager for school to be finished than my children. I keep looking at how many lessons are left in math and mentally tally how many weeks until we finish. I wonder where would be a good place in science and history to stop and take a break. I look at what we have scheduled for the day and ask myself do we really need to do all of this or could I cut a bit here and there.
Part of the problem is simply that with only 4 1/2 weeks left until the baby comes, I am tired. My mind is having trouble simply focusing and thinking. Jessie needed some help with her CWP exercises this morning. Now I love math and am generally good at it. I knew she needed to draw bar diagrams in order to come up with the right solution, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the best way to draw the diagram would be or how to explain it to her. We worked through a few problems, and then I simply gave up. It was like trying to find my way through a fog. I told her we would start the section over again the next day, and focus on how to draw the diagrams. I've never had that problem with math before. Don't even ask me how long it took to work through the first section on my own during the afternoon.
It's not only my mind having trouble. There are plenty of things that need done around the house, but I only have the energy to work on them in spurts before I need to sit down and take a break. Just thinking about a list of things to do is enough to make me want to take a nap. Even if I cut the list down to a handful of things that I would consider to be most essential, it's just not all getting done. I keep waiting for that end of pregnancy nesting time when I have always been energized and able to focus, organize, and get everything ready, but it just doesn't seem to be coming.
Those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength.... I could really use some of His strength right now because my is just about gone.

No comments: