- Jessie finished chapter 9 in Lials and is back to working with exponents in chapter 10.
- She's been steadily working on adverbs in R&S with a brief one day break to complete a book report.
- In CE 2, she finished lesson 18 and began lesson 19 this week. It's our last stem lesson!!
- In CW, she looked up quotes related to the maxim "Haste makes waste." at the online Bartlett's site and using an online Bible concordance to write a testimony paragraph.
- Violet finished her IP section on measurements and completed two review exercises in her textbook and workbook.
- In R&S 5, she completed the chapter on adverbs. She also scored a 95% on her spelling test.
- In CW Poetry, we worked with rhyme scheme, iambic meter, and finding the main idea in each stanza.
- She began reading Johnny Tremain for literature while also continuing with Little Lord Fauntleroy.
- Her Latin continued with demonstrative pronouns focusing on ille, illa, illud this week.
- Add in a bit of dictation and logic and that sums up her core school work for the week.
Benny's 2nd Grade
- Benny focused on multiplying and dividing by 5 and 10 in Singapore and continued to work with place value in Miquon.
- He completed his last lesson in SWO B and began SWO C on Thursday. He also finished learning the last two letters of the cursive alphabet on Wednesday and began a quick review of all of the letters on Thursday to determine which if any need some additional work before we begin cursive copywork. We're still working on verbs for FLL.
- Add in a bit of critical thinking and that sums up his core subjects for the week.
Jessie finished off lesson 19 in BJU Life this week on animal behavior and scored a 94% on her test.
Violet learned about televisions and
Benny and I read about crabs, hermit crabs, shrimp, and barnacles this week.
GEOGRAPHY / ART
Jessie's making progress with the countries of South America. Violet managed to escape without doing any geography this week. Benny is continuing to practice his state song and began learning the southeastern states on the map.
Violet completed a Monet inspired picture with watercolor pencils and blue watercolor paint.