Tuesday, October 27, 2009

All I wanted was a little information

I finally broke down and spent an hour of my afternoon filing a dispute with Nothing New Press through my credit card company. (I tried to use the Paypal dispute process first, but they said they couldn't handle my particular dispute.)

I preordered a copy of the 3rd edition of The Story of the Greeks back in June. The last updated time frame I had from Mrs. Miller was that she hoped the book would be back from the publisher by the end of July or beginning of August. Since mid-July, I've sent 4 separate emails (about once a month) requesting an update on the status or a estimate for the new shipping date. I was really hopeful in September when I saw Rainbow Resource was accepting orders with an expected arrival date of 9/23/2009. Still no book, no website updates, and no answers to my emails.

At this point, we only have one week left in ancient Egypt followed by a couple of weeks in the ancient Near East (Assyria, Phoenicia, and Babylon). Looks like I'm back to using the version available on mainlesson.com. I really didn't want the hassle of formatting and printing it, but if I must maybe I'll try to make some updates and add in some maps or even additional images.

I know I was within my right to file the claim, but I still feel crummy about it. I hate poor customer service. All I asked for was some updated information either on the website or by email. Does it really take that much more time to update a website then to write a new blog entry? It just shouldn't be this hard...

No comments: