Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A partial snow day

My general rule for snow days is that there has to be enough snow to cover the grass. Knowing that the snow would melt by afternoon, I decided on a midmorning break in classes. Then they could come in and do some more work until they warmed up before heading back outside. The girl were excited to get a break in classes. Benny was jumping up and down ready to get outside. Henry and I took a quiet siesta together in the recliner. Now I just wish another snow storn was coming so we could do it all over again.
I think Jessie and Violet got a little carried away with their snowballs. It took both Jessie and I together several tries to lift the middle piece onto the bottom. How they rolled them up the hill is beyond me.
Benny thought sledding was a better use of his time. (The sled's at the bottom of the hill. He just came up to see what I wanted.) If you're more awake than I was yesterday, you might notice that he put his snow pants on inside out the second time he went outside.

No comments: