Sunday, February 15, 2009

CW: The Story of the Three Little Pigs by Jessie

Once upon a time there were three pigs who set out to seek their fortune.

The first little pig met an old farmer with a big bundle of straw and pleaded, “Please give me that straw to build a small house.” So the man let him have the straw, and the pig built a nice, little house.

The little pig was in his new house when along came a big, mean wolf. He knocked at the door and called, “Little pig, little pig, let me come in!”

“Not by the hair of my chinney chin chin,” answered the pig.

“Then I’ll huff, and I’ll puff, and I’ll blow your house down!” growled the wolf.

And he huffed, and he puffed, and blew the house down. Then he ate up the little pig.

The second little pig met a nice carpenter with a heavy bundle of sticks and requested, “Please give me those sticks to build a medium house.” So the man gave him the bundle.

The little pig had just built his house and gone inside when the wolf arrived. He knocked at the door and called, “Little pig, little pig, let me come in.”

“Not by the hair of my chinney chin chin,” answered the pig.

“Then I’ll huff, and I’ll puff, and I’ll blow your house down!” growled the wolf.

And he huffed, and he puffed, and he puffed, and he huffed and he blew the house down. Then he swallowed the little pig.

The third little pig met a young bricklayer with a wooden wagon full of big, red bricks and asked, “Please give me those bricks so I can build a sturdy house.” So the man kindly let him have them, and the pig built a big house.

When the pig was safely inside his new house, the wolf came and called, “Little pig, little pig, let me come in.”

“Not by the hair of my chinney chin chin,” answered the pig.

“Then I’ll huff, and I’ll puff, and I’ll blow your house down!” bellowed the wolf.

But no matter how much he huffed and he puffed, he could not blow that house down. So he decided to try something else.

He called, “I know that there is a nice field of turnips in Mr. Smith’s Home-field, and if you like, we can go there tomorrow and get some turnips for dinner.”

“All right. When will we go?” asked the pig.

“At six,” replied the wolf.

So the next morning the little pig got up at five and fetched the turnips. Then the wolf came and asked, ”Little pig, are you ready?”

The pig replied, “I have already gone and come back.”

So the wolf felt very angry, and he spoke slightly louder as he called, “I know where there is an apple tree, so shall we go and get some red, delicious apples for supper at five?”

“All right,” replied the pig.

But the next morning the pig went to the apple tree at four. Just as he had filled his basket and was starting to climb down the tree, he saw the wolf came. As soon as the big, bad wolf got to the tree he called up, “Are those good apples, little pig?”

The pig replied, “Yes, the most delicious I ever tasted. I will throw you down one.”

However, the pig threw the apple so far that while the wolf was still retrieving it, the pig climbed down and went home.

The next day the wolf came to the pig’s house and called out, “Little pig, there is a fair at Shanklin this afternoon. Will you go with me at three?”

“Certainly,” answered the little pig.

So the little pig left at two, and he bought a new butter-churn at the fair. He was going home with it, when he saw the wolf coming. The little pig climbed in the churn, and it rolled down the grassy, green hill right at wolf. That scared the wolf so much he ran home.

Later he came to the pig’s house and called, “I was on my way to the fair when something rolled down the hill. It scared me.”

Then the pig informed, “I have been to the fair, bought a churn, and then while going home got into the churn and rolled down down the hill to scare you.

Then the wolf was very angry and climbed up on the steep roof. But when the pig saw what the wolf was doing, he built up the fire, put an iron kettle of water over it. Then, when the wolf came down the chimney, he fell into the cooking pot. The pig put the pot’s lid on, and later he ate the wolf. He lived happily ever after.

No comments: