Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mid Year Status Check

It's hard to believe that another school year is already halfway over. I really don't know where all the time goes. Anyway, I couldn't think of a better way to spend an absolutely frigid day than to look ahead and see if we are on track to spend more time outside whenever spring arrives. The lightest squares are complete. The medium ones are partially completed, and the rest is our remaining work. Basically everything is supposed to be completed through week 21. Here's a look at Jessie's year so far...






Looks like we're a few lessons ahead in math. Grammar, spelling, Latin, and science are all on track. Critical thinking is only behind because Jessie wanted to try the A3 Mindbenders book again by herself after needing my help with several of the puzzles the first time through. She finished A3 for the second time this week and has plenty of time left for A4. I did skip one CW lesson because we were a bit behind. We may come back to it later. No surprise we're a bit behind in history, and I still have several weeks of history and science planning left to accomplish. For the most part, it looks like we're right on track.

Here's Violet's year...
So Singapore math, grammar, spelling, critical thinking, and science are all on track. I knew we were behind in the CWP book. I'm not sure why we're two weeks behind in Miquon. I'm sure we can double up somewhere. Then of course there's history. One of these year's I may actually stay on track for that. Still it's nice to see how much we have accomplished so far (and of course take a sneak peek at the end while dreaming of warmer temperatures).

No comments: