Sunday, July 7, 2013

Literature / Read-Aloud List for Benny's 4th Grade

I've been hard at work trying to get ready for the upcoming school year.  I have most of Benny's lessons scheduled, but I still need to get together history and science supplies, maps, notebook pages, etc.  Here is my preliminary list for Benny's literature.

Independent Reading to be narrated
  •  Henry Huggins by Cleary
  •  Rabbit Hill by Lawson
  •  My Side of the Mountain by George
  •  Lad: A Dog by Terhume
  •  The Twenty-One Balloons by DuBois
  •  Gentle Ben by Morey
  •  The Odyssey by Osbourne
  • The Island Stallion by Farley
  •  My Friend Flicka by O'Hara
  • Detectives in Togas by Winterfield
  • Mystery of the Roman Ransom by Winterfield
  • Thieves of Ostia by Lawrence
Read-Alouds with me
  •  The Story of the Treasure Seekers by Nesbit
  • The Golden Goblet by McGraw
  •  Mr. Bliss by Tolkien
  • The Golden Fleece and the Heroes That Lived Before Achilles by Colum
  • The Children's Homer by Colum
  • The Golden Key by MacDonald
  • Archimedes and the Door of Science by Bendick
  • Vinegar Boy by Hawse
  • Freckles by Porter
  • Swiss Family Robinson by Wyss

1 comment:

Tonia said...

I like your list. We listened to a few E. Nesbit books this year and enjoyed them all.