Jessie's 7th Grade
- Jessie continues to work through review exercises in NEM 1.
- In Omnibus, we wrapped up both Shakespeare's Macbeth and Tolkien's The Two Towers.
- There was plenty of word, sentence, and paragraph analysis in CW. R&S covered punctuation as well as character and conflict in stories.
- Violet spent the week working on her IP section on rates in Singapore.
- Benny focused on fractions in Singapore and square numbers in Miquon this week.
- He's been reading Cleary's Ralph S. Mouse to me. We continued A Spy in Williamsburg by Lawrence as a read aloud.
- Grammar was a review of the part of speech.
- He also did his regular dictation and cursive copywork.
We finished up the Revolutionary War this week in history. Everyone read about John Hancock using Will You Sign Hear, John Hancock? by Fritz. The girls also read Why Not, Lafayette by Fritz and some chapters from the Guerber book. Benny and I read Deborah Sampson Goes to War by Stevens and Jack Jouett's Ride by Haley. We also picked out a few chapters from SOTW 3 to wrap things up for him. We're planning on reading the sequel to The Spy in Williamsburg which will give him a more detailed look at the end of the war over the next couple of weeks.
Jessie aced her chapter 23 test, read about the skin and skeletal system, and examined a cross section of human skin under the microscope this week.
Violet read about refrigeration, sewing machines, modern appliances, and clocks.
Violet used our 1-2-3 Draw Mythical Creatures by Levin to draw a hippogriff appropriately named Buckbeak this week.