I think I have struggled more with creating a schedule this year than any other for a variety of reasons.
1. When I wrote my initial lists of what I wanted each of my kids to accomplish, the corresponding list of how much time that required of me, and added off the numbers I knew we were in for a rough start. After a great deal of prayer, prioritizing, and regrouping I finally got every one's workload down to what I believe is a manageable level without packing the schedule so tightly that it is stressful.
2. One of the biggest changes I made was to set up Jessie's work in larger blocks of time. This gave us a good compromise between her wanting more input on when she did her work and my need for set times to check her work and work with one on one. Within each block, she is free to work on her assignments in any order that she chooses.
3. I also tried to give Jessie more input on her schedule this year. It was her decision to keep her morning playtime with Henry and to start 10 minutes later than last year.
4. Scheduling resources was also more difficult this year. The girls needed separate times for Latin due to the DVD instruction, for history since they will both be reading some of the same resources, and for writing and history so the computer is available for assignments (although I probably will start Violet off writing by hand and transition her to the computer over the course of the year.)
Here's the result: