Saturday, May 30, 2009

Year End Critique

Since school is almost finished for the year, I thought it would be a good time to let the girls give me their winners and losers for the year. Here were the results.

Jessie
Favorites: History and the Latin activity book
Least favorite: Spelling, typing, and math (She does well with these but they take more effort on her part.)

Violet
Favorites: Science and geography drill
Least favorite: History

Violet and I also had a discussion about why she didn't like history which went something like this.
M: What don't you like about history?
V: I just wasn't interested in the topics.
M: Did you like doing the lapbooks?
V: Yeah, I loved the lapbooks.
M: What about the fiction that we read?
V: Those were interesting.
M: The Childhood of Famous Americans books?
V: I liked those too.

So apparently history wasn't a complete wash.

1 comment:

Paige said...

I loved thier answers! I'm so glad that someone else's child responds the same way.